- 1 Best Air Purifiers For Pets Reviews (Newest Models)
- 1.1 1. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Alen FIT50 Customizable Air Purifier
- 1.3 3. Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
- 1.4 4. GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier
- 1.5 5. Honeywell HHT-090 HEPA Clean Tower Air Purifier
- 1.6 6. Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier
- 1.7 7. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover
- 2 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Air Purifiers For Pets
- 3 Why Do You Need An Air Purifier For Pets?
- 4 Air Purifier For Pets Buying Guide
- 5 Unboxing, Tips, And Installation
- 6 Best Air Purifiers for Pets Comparison Chart
- 7 How to Use Your Purifier Properly and Efficiently
- 8 Wrap Up
These days many people and a lot of families have pets. If you have a dog, cat, or another furry friend, may know that your home is host to a wide range of pet hairs, odors, and dander. A large number of all these pet lovers suffer from allergies. So if you are looking for the best air purifier for pets in order to ease your symptoms you have come to the right place. We have researched some of the finest products to help you.
Such an air purifier will help filter out pet odors and dirt from your home. These devices are handy for any pet owner. They will purify the air that you and your animals breathe.
Here we will highlight 7 reviews of air purifiers for pets. Also in this buying guide, you will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the air purifying systems. We will give you some tips about how to choose from the wide variety of all the first-rate units and other interesting and useful sections. The selected purifying devices are appropriate for anyone looking to get the best bang for their buck.
- Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
- PRICE : $$$
- DIMENSIONS : 16.5 x 9.9 x 21.9"
- Weight : 24.3 pounds
- Filter : Washable Pre-Filter
- Coverage : 283 sq. ft.
- Special Feature : PlasmaWave technology
- Alen FIT50 Customizable Air Purifier
- PRICE : $$$$$
- DIMENSIONS : 10 x 16.8 x 22.2"
- Weight : 16 pounds
- Filter : 4 different filter types
- Coverage : up to 900 sq.ft
- Special Feature : Automatically detects and adapts
- Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
- PRICE : $
- DIMENSIONS : 10.8 x 8.1 x 16.4"
- Weight : 6.3 pounds
- Filter : Permanent HEPA-Grade Filter
- Coverage : 160 sq. feet
- Special Feature : Odor Elimination & Dander Filtration Technology
- GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier
- PRICE : $$
- DIMENSIONS : 6.1 x 9.5 x 27.2 "
- Weight : 10.55 pounds
- Filter : Replaced every 6-8 months
- Coverage : up to 180 sq.ft
- Special Feature : UV-C Control / Filter Change Reminder
- Honeywell HHT-090 HEPA Clean Tower Air Purifier
- PRICE : $$$
- DIMENSIONS : 28.7 x 10 x 11.2"
- Weight : 13 pounds
- Filter : Requires 2 HEPA-type filters (HRF-C1 or HRF-C2)
- Coverage : up to 170 sq ft
- Special Feature : Optional Ionizer for extra cleaning
- Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier
- PRICE : $$$$
- DIMENSIONS : 12.3 x 22.1 x 27.2"
- Weight : 45 pounds
- Filter : True HEPA & Active Carbon Filter
- Coverage : 490 sq ft
- Special Feature : User friendly electronic soft touch control
Best Air Purifiers For Pets Reviews (Newest Models)
Here are our concise write-ups which will help you make the right decision. The reviews aren’t in a particular order. You can check them all out and see which one is perfect for you and your pet.
1. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
If your pet’s hair floats constantly in the air or simply everywhere, the 5 stage filtration almost completely eliminates the dander and scent of your pet. This Air Cleaning filtration consists of Washable Pre-Filter, True HEPA, CleanCel Anti-Bacterial Treatment, Advanced Odor Control (granular carbon filter) and Winix PlasmaWave Technology.
It is suitable for 283 sq. ft. rooms and it is 21.9 inches high. In case you want to control the unit manually, it has two options- control panel operation or convenient remote control. With 4 settings (Low, Medium, High, and Turbo) you can manually set the speed to exactly what you want. When the unit senses the air quality change, it automatically changes the speed.
The device is perfect for use in rooms where people sleep because it senses the amount of ambient light in the room and displays either the normal bright LED or a dimmed LED. The control panel will display an LED alert when the filter needs change.
If you always use the device at hight or turbo fan speed or if you don’t change the filters when it’s due some strange plastic smell may appear. The parts for this device are a bit expensive and there aren’t cheaper alternatives.
2. Alen FIT50 Customizable Air Purifier
This Air Purifier is perfect for bedrooms, family rooms, and other open-concept spaces of up to 900 sq.ft. The unit is 22.2 inches high.
It has 14 different panel options that fit seamlessly into your home, no matter your style. This device automatically detects and adapts to changing air quality, saving filter life and conserving energy. You don’t have to choose between high performance and low noise, because the unit is extremely quiet and it doesn’t disturb your family members, neither your pets. The manufacturer offers you 4 different HEPA filters, all of which remove dust and allergens, but each uniquely made to accommodate your personal needs.
The first HEPA-Pure filter is a standard filter. It is made for everyday concerns such as dust and allergens. It will also take care of pet dander, mold spores, and pollen.
The second HEPA-Silver filter is an all-around solution. This one is perfect for mold, germs and asthma-related symptoms.
The third HEPA-FreshPlus is a chemical filter. It is great for removing smoke, VOCs, and heavier chemicals. Check out the top-rated air purifiers for smoke here!
The last filter is a HEPA-OdorCell. It is an odor neutralizer which uses proprietary technology to break down pet and diaper odors.
One of the best things here is the lifetime warranty which is given by the maker. The only disadvantage of this Air Purifier is that it is expensive.
3. Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier
If you have pets and their odor and hair annoy you or cause you to have allergies, having such a device is a good solution. Its high-performance system includes a permanent pre-filter that captures pet hair and large particles and 2 zeolite filters to target pet odors. The True Air filter is a Carbon zeolite Pet Filter specially designed to trap and neutralize pet odors.
The HEPA filtration is a permanent filter and it could save you good money per year versus other filters and units. One of the things is that you can just vacuum-clean it. There are also two replaceable carbon zeolite filters, which as we have said already, eliminate pet odors.
This Air Purifier for pets is very effective for 140 square foot rooms. There are 3 fan speeds which are very quiet, your pets won’t be annoyed or stressed. The devise’s dimensions allow you to you place it and use it horizontally or vertically.
A small drawback is the fact that when the Air Purifier works nonstop at high speed, some burning smell appears. We should also mention that the device works with Permanent HEPA filter, not true HEPA filter.
4. GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier
This 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System is perfect for allergy sufferers. True HEPA captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites, and pollen. The Pet Pure is an antimicrobial agent added to the filter to prevent the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter. CADR Rated 125+ and standing 28 inches high, it is lightweight and ideal to be used in both medium and large rooms.
The digital display panel is easy to be used and it includes UV-C control, a filter change indicator and an up to 8-hour timer. The device has 5 speeds which provide high-speed allergen control down to ultra-quiet sleep mode.
Another one of its advantages is that according to the American Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, HEPA is recommended for air filtration. More than just a filter, the UV-C light kills germs, while the charcoal filter captures the smell.
There are some disadvantages: for its first 48 hours, there is a plastic smell coming from the device. There is also bright blue light and the controls are very hard to be seen or used in the dark. Also, the device won’t remember the settings upon a power outage. This also happens when you simply want to have it plugged into another socket in your home.
5. Honeywell HHT-090 HEPA Clean Tower Air Purifier
This Air Purifier has a powerful fan and 3 air cleaning levels. There is Optional Ionizer for extra cleaning power. It is Great for medium to large rooms. Also, the HEPA filters are easy to clean – simply vacuum and put back into the unit. It is energy efficient and features electronic controls and 3 cleaning levels. Its sleek tower design takes up little space and it is ideal for bedrooms. The Air Purifier is suitable for rooms of up to 170 sq ft. It circulates the air in a medium room up to 5 times an hour.
The unit requires 2 HEPA-type filters (HRF-C1 or HRF-C2) that should be replaced every 6 months. You can use an additional optional odor-reducing pre-filter (HRF-B1 or HRF-B2) that should be replaced every 3 months.
If you use the Honeywell HHT-090 HEPAClean Tower Air Purifier longer at medium or high fan speed some plastic smell will occur although the room will feel warmer. There are also the fairly loud fan sounds which can be annoying. The device uses filters, which are HEPA filters and they only clean 95% of the pollutants while the true HEPA filters deal with about 99.97%.
6. Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier
This device can filter the air 4.8 times per hour in a 500 square feet room. The Air Cleaner is 27.2 inches high.
It is easy to use with its electronic controls. The device works with true HEPA and the fan has 4 speeds- Low, Medium, High, Turbo. Also, there is Whispure Quiet System – Sleep Mode.
The performance rating of Whirlpool Whispure is based exclusively on use with Genuine Whirlpool replacement filters. The HEPA Filters should be replaced every 12 months and the Active Carbon Filters should be changed every 3 months. The indicator Lights on top of the air purifier will light up when it is time to replace the filter. The unit has a function to set a timer. After the Set time has elapsed, the air purifier automatically turns off. This also applies to Sleep-Mode.
If you run your Air Purifier for longer on the medium or high fan speed overheating is to be expected. The device is known to have minor issues with the reset buttons as they might malfunction at some point. Whirlpool gives you a 5-Year Limited Warranty, witch only covers complete failure of the motor.
7. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover is recommended for large rooms – up to 465 sq. Ft. It has 4 air cleaning levels: Germ, General Clean, Allergen, and Turbo. The device also has an automatic shut off which can be set at 2, 4, or 8 hours.
It has filters and circulates Room Air 5X per hour when it is used in the recommended room size, and it can work at 3 air cleaning levels. Additionally, there is the Turbo Clean setting indicated by when the light of the devices’ control panel is dimmer.
The device works by constantly drawing the pollutants in and traps larger particles. It is also good to keep in mind that the pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months for optimal performance. The HEPA filter continuously captures up to 99.97% of the particles that pass through it – as small as 0.3 microns. And once the cleaner is switched on, the cleaner and the fresher air is returned back to the room.
This device is easy to use and it is simple to maintain and replace the filters. The Pre-Filter A (model HRF-AP1) needs to be replaced every 3 months. The HEPA filter (model HRF-R3) should be replaced once a year. A filter light reminds you when to change the filter. But to ensure stated product performance, use only Certified Honeywell Replacement Filters. A disadvantage of the device is that it’s rather loud.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Air Purifiers For Pets
Keep all these advantages and disadvantages in mind, but don’t forget that the most important filter is the HEPA. In our next section, you can see more information about the pros and cons of the HEPA filter and the Air Purifiers.
- They have the ability to cover rooms of different size.
- The units can be placed on the floor, or any other place which you have chosen, because all of them have a modern and sleek design, and can fit in any home-style.
- The HEPA air purifier has more than three stages of filtration (pre-filter, HEPA filter, charcoal-based activated carbon or many others).
- The purifiers are energy-efficient, which is one of their most important qualities.
- Most of them don’t take much space. They are lightweight and portable.
- The units offer more than two fan speeds.
- Their smart sensors detect and purify the air, eliminate odor, clean dust, and adjust to your environment.
- The majority of these gadgets have washable pre-filter which captures large particles like dust and pet hair.
- They circulate the air a lot of times per hour
- Some devices have replacement filters which last for a long time depending on the air pollution.
- Other units work with permanent and washable filters.
- Replaceable filters can be expensive for some use
- During the first 48 hours of work, a plastic smell may appear. If the device works non-stop on high fan speed there could also be a burning smell.
- Most of the purifiers are loud at high speed.
- You can place it anywhere you want but it must be about 2 ft. away from the wall.
- Operates too warmly in the hot summer months, which is not very comfortable.
- The fan can begin to vibrate at high speeds and to be a bit loudly
Why Do You Need An Air Purifier For Pets?
Did you know that even if you don’t have an allergic reaction from your pet you would be still exposed to pet dander which can cause respiratory problems for you in the long run? These problems can affect your children and the seniors in your home as well. It doesn’t matter how often you clean the house, because the pet dander and fur particles are able to remain airborne like regular dust and therefore cleaning them with vacuum cleaners may also not give you the desired effect.
As you know, air purifiers for pets odor are a very efficient home technology for removing all sort of pollutants from the indoor air, including pet dander and pet hair. Purifying devices ensure that even the smallest dust particles and pollutants are removed from the air inside your home or office space.
They can remove particles as small as 2.5 microns – 40 times smaller than the diameter of a pet hair, thanks to the HEPA filter. The Pre-filter removes larger dust particles such as hair and fur from the air. The pre-filter also increases the efficiency and life of the HEPA filter.
The Air purifying unit will not only protect you from pet dander and pet hair but it will also secure your home from mold spores, dust mites and indoor air pollutants such as kitchen smoke. In case you or a family member has an existing respiratory ailment such as asthma, air purifiers are known to provide relief by removing the particles that can trigger an attack.
7 Warning Signs You Need an Air Purifier
- You can’t stop sneezing: Pet dander, pollen, and dust are just some of the pollutants that could be floating around your house.
- Your house smells of varnish and disinfectants: Be sure to look for air purifiers that can remove VOCs or volatile organic compounds. These harmful substances come from carpeting, adhesive, disinfectants, and varnishes. If you see formaldehyde or benzene on any of your household items’ ingredients, you are dealing with a VOC.
- Your air is stale and stuffy: If you breathe in and the air smells bad, you might have poor quality indoor air. You can try an energy recovery ventilator, but an air purifier will guarantee that you reduce any smelly, foul odors that might be wafting through your home.
- You see dust mites everywhere: Have you noticed a surplus of dust building up under your bed or on the windows? Air purifiers will certainly help to reduce the amount of dust around, though you will still need to clean. Getting a decent vacuum cleaner is still important to have clean and dust-free air, but air purifiers will also help a huge amount with reducing the number of mites that are calling your home their home as well.
The great thing about using an air purifier for pet allergies and asthma is to get rid of dust mites or pet hair and also you will not have to clean as much. The unit will be doing most of the work for you. To make sure you are getting rid of as much dust as possible, clean the unit more often.
- You suffer from emphysema or COPD: Having a serious chest condition might be a sign that you need a pet air purifier. Keeping the level of household air pollution down as much as possible is critical, especially with family members who might be exposed to secondhand smoke.
People with COPD typically have sensitive airways. So they may have problems with breathing and allergies as well, and cleaner air will definitely help.
- You have a sick family member: Helping a sick family member heal is made easier with the help of a purifier. They can breathe fresher air and have a better quality sleep, which will aid recovery this making getting a furry friend not big a problem.
- You snore: Allergens like pollen and pet dander will cause your airways to be more congested and that can contribute to snoring. Make sure you change your air filters and use an air purifier. You will find that you will gradually sleep better and snore less. Try to get a model with slightly more square footage than you need so you can keep the unit on a low setting.
Air Purifier For Pets Buying Guide
Even though you have already familiarized yourself with some consumer reports on air purifiers for pets, we still want to outline the most distinct air purifier options and features in the section below. We believe that this is crucial when it is time to make a choice.
9 Key Features to Look for in an Air Purifier For Pets
The main features are the same for all purifiers. The devices come in all shapes and sizes and contain a lot of different options.
- Speed Settings Control -The higher number of speed settings gives you more flexibility in choosing the speed setting that is the most suitable for particular air conditions, or a specific household environment.
- Space Saving Design- There are few common types of space-saving designs of the air purifiers:
- Air purifier with a completely closed back panel or the whole housing- Some of them represents advanced equipment that can be installed into your existing residential HVAC (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system to clean and purify all the air in your home.
- Tower design air purifiers- tower air purifiers have a slim tower design making them easy to place in almost any area of a room.
- Wall mounted air purifiers- you can locate them on a wall or desktop. They take the polluted air from the bottom and give you fresh air from the top.
- Electronic Filter Monitors – Depending on the model, the purifier may alert the user by an indicator light, notification of the LCD display or by a sound signal.
- Automatic Operating Mode – The fully automatic operating mode makes the purifier more expensive. However, it is also a feature which can save money, because it will lower the electricity bill by operating the air purifier at the lowest speed.
- Ultra Violet Bulb- The sterilization power of the UV light is extremely lethal to airborne pathogens: viruses, bacteria, microbes. It works by destroying the molecular bonds of micro-organismal DNA thymine. In other words- killing them quickly and effectively.
- Remote Control- Remote control is not one of the most important features, but it gives comfort to the user who can maintain the unit from distance.
- Ion Generators- Negative ion – charged particles stick to each other, forming the larger and heavier particle clusters. The clusters fall to the floor, settle to the furniture of the household. They are also attracted to the neutrally charged walls, draperies, other household items.
- Off Timer- Some of the air purifiers equipped with electronic controls have the Off Timer feature. It allows users to program the air purifier to turn off a few hours later.
- Display Lights On/Off- Designed to be visible during daytime, they could provide some excessive illumination of the bedroom at night. In order to operate the air purifier at night without the annoying light, they have a manual display or lights which can be turned on or off.
Unboxing, Tips, And Installation
As with the other purifiers, cleaning air devices or generators the installation is similar and easy. The first step is to remove the plastic cover. The filters are packed, and to use the purifier you should unpack them. Please note this, because if you turn the device on without making this step, it may damage the motor.
Then the warranty will not cover the reclamation of the unit, and the company won’t send you a new one or give your money back. When you open the back panel, you will see that there are three filters.
The first one is the pre-filter. As we said earlier, the Pre-filter removes larger dust particles such as hair and fur from the air and that this filter also increases the efficiency and life of the HEPA filter.
The second filter, which is black is the carbon filter. You can recognize it by the color and by the charcoal small granules.
The third and most important filter is the HEPA. It is well-known that the HEPA blocks up very small pollutants from the air which you can’t see with a naked eye.
All the filters are either in plastic bags or simply should be packed. Depending on the device, the pre-filter may be hanged up to the back panel. There are small white hinges that stick out. They help you plug out the filters and to plug them back, which is very simple.
Make sure when you bring the filters back in the device that they are in the right position. Take a look at the sides of the filters, there would be arrows which show you how to put the HEPA and the carbon filter.
Putting the back cover with its pre-filter is also very simple. When you are ready with the unpacking you can turn the unit on.
Depending on your model, the air purifier will suck the air in either from the sides or from the bottom and the fresh air comes from the top. Then the last step is just to enjoy the fresh air coming from your air purifier.
When you switch on the purifier you will see different variable operation buttons. Through them, you can adjust the fan speed and the different modes such as auto or sleep mode. You can also turn the UV function on and off from there.
How And When to Change The Filters?
Of course, the first thing you should do is to unplug your purifying device before changing the filters with the new ones. To change the filters the first thing, as you already know, is to remove the front panel. After that, continue by removing all three filters which are inside. If there is dust, pet hair, dander and other pollution on your Pre-filter, you can just use your vacuum cleaner or you can wash it with cold water and let it dry.
Make sure you have vacuumed it very well, and do not wash it in any way. If this filter isn’t permanent, replace it with the new one. When you finishing this step it is time to take out the next filter – the Charcoal
Based Activated Carbon Filter. If it has changed its color to grey or muggy white the surely it is time to change or clean it.
This process is the same as the first step in renewing the Pre-filter. It is not necessary to take out the HEPA filter, you can clean it with the vacuum cleaner as it sits inside. You can do that in case you are afraid to put it back in the wrong position and side. Note that you must use only a vacuum cleaner to clean your HEPA filter if it is permanent. If it is not, then replace it by buying a new one. It is possible for the HEPA filter to get discolored in time. Don’t worry, this is normal.
When you put back your cleaned or new filters, put the Charcoal Based Activated Carbon Filter right after the HEPA. And finally, you can insert your Pre-filter with the back panel.
Where To Put Your Air Purifier
The perfect place where you can localize the purifying device is in the room where you spend the most time. Common locations are the bedroom, living space or kitchen. Most of the units can be placed everywhere, but bear in mind that some of them need space.
All you pet lovers and owners know that pets have their own smell. But nobody likes the cat toilet odor, right? Other perfect places to put your air purifier is next to the cat toilet, your pet’s bed or pet’s room.
Bonus Tips Related to Air Purifiers for Pets
In addition to installing an air purifier, there are several other things that you can do to take care of cat odor in your home. Here are they:
- Change Your Litter
It’s a good idea if you don’t allow your pets to share the same litter box. Instead, there should be one litter box for every furry friend in your home, in case you have more than one pet. For homes with a lot of cats, or rabbits, guinea pigs or others you may want to use a clay-based litter because they are the most absorbent litters. Not only, you could want a litter that can absorb odors, you’ll want one that’s odorless so your pet will actually use the box. Why don’t you think about sprinkling some baking soda on the kitty litter to add an extra boost of deodorization? As we said earlier in the section where to put the air purifier is near the pet place.
- Place the Litter Box in an Open Area
It’s better that you place your cat’s litter box in a more open area rather than a cramped and closed in the area. Your pet might have problems getting to the litter box if it’s placed in a tight utility room or under a cupboard. By placing the litter box in a more open area you not only give your pet easier access but you allow any odor that is produced to spread out a bit, which is usually effective for diluting the smell.
If you have more than one pet in your home, it’s good that you not keep the litter boxes in a single location since they might fight over the boxes. Spreading boxes out also makes sure there’s not one single area of your home that has powerful pet odor.
- Change Your Pet’s Diet
What your pet eats can go a long way in determining how they’ll smell as well as how much waste they produce. Switching to high-quality cat food, though expensive, can improve your pet’s overall health. The problem with some of the cheaper brands of food is that they often have fillers in them as well as by-products that your pet might not be able to digest efficiently. Low-quality food results in more waste and smellier waste.
- Clean Litter Boxes Every Day
While it might be a pain, it’s very good that you scoop out your pet’s litter box every day. Air filters, the right litter and spreading litter boxes out won’t do you much good for controlling odors if you only clean the litter box once a week or less.
If you like, you can buy special devices that allow you to deposit waste in them and store them inside for a week or two before you dispose of everything. These devices can lock in odor so that you don’t have to worry about dumping the waste in the dumpster or trash receptacle every day, which can be quite beneficial if you live in an apartment.
In case you are interested in practical ways to control your allergies or eliminate the bad pet smell, we are sure you will be able to follow the short tips above. But hold up, we might have some more for you.
Best Air Purifiers for Pets Comparison Chart
|Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier||$||10.8 x 8.1 x 16.4"||6.3 pounds||Permanent HEPA-Grade Filter||160 sq. feet||Odor Elimination & Dander Filtration Technology|
|Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner||$$$||16.5 x 9.9 x 21.9"||24.3 pounds||Washable Pre-Filter||283 sq. ft.||PlasmaWave technology|
|Alen FIT50 Customizable Air Purifier||$$$$$||10 x 16.8 x 22.2"||16 pounds||4 different filter types||up to 900 sq.ft||Automatically detects and adapts|
|GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier||$$||6.1 x 9.5 x 27.2 "||10.55 pounds||Replaced every 6-8 months||up to 180 sq.ft||UV-C Control / Filter Change Reminder|
|Honeywell HHT-090 HEPA Clean Tower Air Purifier||$$$||28.7 x 10 x 11.2"||13 pounds||Requires 2 HEPA-type filters (HRF-C1 or HRF-C2)||up to 170 sq ft||Optional Ionizer for extra cleaning|
|Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier||$$$$||12.3 x 22.1 x 27.2"||45 pounds||True HEPA & Active Carbon Filter||490 sq ft||User friendly electronic soft touch control|
How to Use Your Purifier Properly and Efficiently
So far we have cleared up a lot of things about these devices. Finally, our team thought that it is a good idea to prepare for you a tip-list for the most important things about using an air purifier for pets.
- Choose the perfect location
Air purifiers need breathing space, so make sure it has a few feet of clear space around the top and all four sides for unobstructed air circulation. Also, purifiers come in a wide variety of sizes — be sure to use the right size purifier for the room where you put it.
- Point the Flow in the Right Direction
If the room is large, make sure the flow of clean air from your purifier is directed nearby, where you will get the most benefit. In our case, near the pets favorite places and where they sleep. If the room is smaller, this won’t be as important because all of the purified air will circulate throughout the room.
- Don’t Turn it Off
This is especially important for homes with a lot of furry friends and for people with health conditions like allergies, asthma, and other respiratory illnesses. Today’s air purifiers are energy-efficient, so leave it on, but not at high fan speed. The auto-mode or the lowest fan-speed is the perfect decision for non-stop working. Just like house cleaning, keeping your home’s air clean is easier than neglecting it and having to clean it all at once.
- Keep Windows and Doors Closed
An air purifier can’t clean the whole outdoors. Just like cooling with air conditioning, it’s better to keep the air in your home clean by limiting the introduction of outside air and its pollution. Sealing any leaky windows or doors will also stop your purified air from escaping!
- Change Filters Regularly
Be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and our advice mentioned above for maintaining your home air purifier. In general, and as we said, HEPA and carbon filters need replacing annually. Washable filters should be cleaned when you notice that they have changed their color, or your device signaling you to do it. Air purifier filters hold the key to peaceful breathing, so don’t allow them to become clogged with contaminants — this will effectively render your air purifier useless.
The Air Purifiers for pets is for home usage. They are a very good option if you are a pet lover, and you or the people you live with suffer from any kind of allergies. The best air purifiers for pets ensure you fresh and sterilized air. Their design fits in any home style.
Our crew aims at assisting you in buying the perfect device. That‘s why we put together this guide, and we are sure it would be useful to you. Take a look at our reviews on air purifiers for pets once again in case you need a reminder.
Share and comment on the article without any hesitation. We appreciate your feedback as it is vital to our constant improvement. Check out some of our other guides as well. Thanks for reading and as always – stay put!