- 1 Why Do You Need a Desk Fan This Summer?
- 2 Top 5 Benefits of Using a Table Fan
- 3 Best Desk Fans Comparison Chart
- 4 Best Desk Fans – (Newest Models)
- 5 What is the Quietest Desk Fan?
- 6 What is the Top Small Fan?
- 7 How Long Do Desk Fans Last?
- 8 How to Take Care of a Desk Fan
- 9 Wrap Up
You have probably noticed that your brain works better when the temperature in the room is lower. This explains why you find it hard to focus on the task at hand when the weather is hot. That’s why the work process in the summer may become twice slower than normal. So if your office is a place which doesn’t have a proper air conditioner, you definitely need the best desk fan.
As with many other products, there is a great variety of desk fans. They vary in terms of size, weight, power, level of noise, and other characteristics. We are aware of how much time it may take you to find the product that is the most suitable for you. This is the reason why we have prepared a buying guide in which you can read our detailed reviews on desk fans. Read on and make the right choice!
Why Do You Need a Desk Fan This Summer?
Choosing a fan for the summer can be a challenging task since there are a lot of different types of fans – wall-mounted fans, ceiling fans, or desk ones. If you want to know why you need a desk fan this summer, you should read this section of our buying guide.
People prefer desk fans for several reasons. The first one is its size. Most of them are small, so you can put them on your desk next to your laptop and enjoy the cool breeze while working. Another reason is the fact that they are light, and you can easily move them around. Yet another reason you should get a desk fan is that it is a budget-friendly option. Most of the units don’t cost a lot, and they don’t use a lot of electricity. Last but least is the fact that these fans are designed to blow cool air directly onto you.
Depending on your needs, there are several features to consider when choosing a desk fan:
- Do you expect your fan to oscillate or not? – Most of the fans have an oscillation option. This means that they rotate in different directions. However, other types are intended to stand still. Typically, the fixed device is used as an office table fan because you can adjust it to focus the air circulation on you. If you need a desk fan for home, you’d better take an oscillation one as it is believed to cover a wider area.
- Is the fan stable enough? – When you choose a fan, you should make sure that it is durable, and it doesn’t move around the desk while you are working. Also, the more stable a fan is, the less vibration it will cause. You can agree that vibrating sounds can be annoying when you are focused.
- How many levels of speed does a fan have? – Most of the desk fans have three different levels of speed, which is very convenient. However, some of them have only a one-speed setting.
Top 5 Benefits of Using a Table Fan
As summer is just around the corner, you have probably started considering different cooling devices. Maybe some people think that having an air conditioner is enough and neglect the need to get a desk fan. So we have prepared a list with the top benefits of using a table fan.
- The first benefit is that desk fans are light, and you can move them from place to place. You can use them in rooms in which it is not possible to have a ceiling or a mount-wall cooling device.
- Some of the table fans are rechargeable, and you can use them anywhere without having to worry about plugging them in a source of power. So you can take them when you go camping, for example.
- Most of the desk fans feature an oscillation setting, which means that they can rotate their blades in different directions and provide maximum air circulation.
- The most modern table fans come with remote control. So you can control the level of speed from a distance.
- There is a variety of different sizes and colors of desk fans. You can choose the one that is the most suitable for your home or office.
Best Desk Fans Comparison Chart
Ablon Desk Fan
|View On Amazon|
Honeywell Comfort Table Fan
|View On Amazon|
AceMining Rechargeable Fan
|View On Amazon|
Honeywell Tabletop Air-Circulator Fan
|View On Amazon|
Genesis Tabletop and Clip Fan
|View On Amazon|
Holmes Desk Fan
|View On Amazon|
Best Desk Fans – (Newest Models)
In this section of our buying guide, we are going to show you some of the products that we think deserve your attention. Please, note that they are not presented in any particular order.
1. Ablon Desk Fan
The Ablon desk fan is one of the quietest products available on the market. The device features 360-degree rotation so you can adjust the airflow according to your needs. This tool is small and light so you can use it everywhere – at home, in your office, in the car, and you can even take it with you when you go camping. There are three levels of speed, one of which is an energy-saving one.
The device is easy to operate – the only thing you need to do to choose the speed of airflow is to press one button. When you need to turn the fan on or off, you press the button that is at the back of the device. This is a USB-powered fan, which means that you can connect it to your computer, power bank, laptop, or car charger. The cable of the fan is the same as the one of an Android phone so that you can use your phone charger for the fan. A disadvantage of this product is that it is not easy to clean. Another thing you might find inconvenient is that the fan works only when being plugged in.
- This fan works very quietly.
- The device is light to take with you whenever you want.
- A USB powers it.
- The fan is stable, which means that it doesn’t shake when operating.
- The fan doesn’t come with a USB adapter.
2. Honeywell Comfort Table Fan
The Honeywell Comfort table fan has a stable stand that allows it to be placed on any hard surface such as a tabletop or the floor. This cooling device features three levels of speed, as well as an oscillation mode. If you don’t want the fan to turn its frame repeatedly in all directions, you have to use the knob that is situated at the back of the fan.
The fan can be tilted in different directions so that you can adjust the airflow according to your needs. The unit of the device is 15, 5 inches tall, the diameter of its base is 8,3 inches, and the width of its grill is 15 inches. The power and the speed switches are analog buttons that you have to push manually. An advantage of this product is that it is easy to clean – you just have to remove the metal frame.
- The fan features a safety plug.
- The unit is easy to assemble.
- The device operates quietly so it won’t bother anyone who is around it.
- You can take the front and the back frames of the fan off to clean it properly.
- The fan doesn’t have a handle, so it is not easy to move.
- Some of the plastic parts of the fan seem to be a bit flimsy.
3. AceMining Rechargeable Fan
The AceMining Rechargeable fan is small in size so you can easily carry it in a bag and you can use it anywhere – for example at home, in the office, or your car. The device uses rechargeable power. This is the reason there is a lithium battery that comes with the product. The fan can endure from 6 to 26 hours without being charged, depending on the level of speed of the airflow.
You can recharge the tool, using the USB port of your power bank, USB charger, or computer. The fan can work while being charged, but it is not advisable because then it will charge slowly, and this can affect the lifespan of the device. The fan features three levels of speed – low, medium and high, and a 180-degree rotation. An advantage of this device is that it works quietly even when it operates at high speed. A drawback of this fan is that it is hard to clean.
- This fan is rechargeable, which is very convenient when the electricity goes out.
- The device offers three levels of speed.
- The unit comes with a battery.
- The fan features a 180-degree rotation.
- In time some annoying rattle may appear.
- The fan works only at low speed while it is being charged.
4. Honeywell Tabletop Air-Circulator Fan
The Honeywell tabletop fan features an aerodynamic turbo design, which ensures maximum movement of air. You can choose from three different levels of speed of the airflow. The unit also has settings for horizontal and vertical adjustment. The head of the fan can pivot in 90 degrees. The on/off switch is situated in the upper part of the back of the fan. This device is electrical. It doesn’t work with batteries.
Thanks to its compact size, you can either put the fan on the table or mount it on the wall. The device operates quietly if we don’t take into account the humming sound that can be slightly heard. If you want to clean the fan, this is possible, but you have to follow the instructions suggested by the manufacturer. The unit of the fan is made of plastic, but it is very durable, though. This cooling device is 11 feet tall.
- You can easily move the fan as it is lightweight.
- The device is comparatively quiet.
- Airflow is adjustable.
- The unit features an aerodynamic design.
- On/off switch button is hard to press.
- Cleaning the fan takes a lot of effort and time, as you will have to disassemble the unit before that.
5. Genesis Tabletop and Clip Fan
The Genesis tabletop fan offers two levels of airflow speed. This device works very quietly, and it won’t bother you or your colleagues or family members. You can use this fan as a tabletop one or use its clip to attach it to any other surface you prefer. This cooling tool has an adjustable head, thanks to which you can control the airflow.
Whenever you want to switch from clip to tabletop, you just need to use the butterfly screw, which is located on the head of the fan, and then attach the fan to the base which you want. The cord of the fan is 6 feet long. The device itself is around 8 feet tall. If you have decided to get this fan, keep in mind that it cannot be mounted on a wall. This product is electrical, it doesn’t work with batteries. The unit of the fan is easy to clean – you just need to remove the front part of the frame.
- The fan is quiet enough not to bother you.
- You can use the device as a tabletop one and as a clip-on desk fan.
- Easy to assemble.
- You can clean this device after removing the frame.
- The base of the fan is flimsy.
- Following instructions that come with the device isn’t straightforward.
6. Holmes Desk Fan
The Holmes desk fan features a classical design. The unit is made of metal, and the color is of brushed copper. The blades of the fan are 4 inches long, which allows them to provide a powerful breeze. You can adjust the airflow of the fan in the direction in which you want. If you need to tilt the fan, you have to use the black knobs, which you can find on the side of the unit.
This device is USB-powered, and you can connect it to your computer, laptop, or power bank. The product is easy to operate – you just need to press the on and off switch. A disadvantage of this device is that it has just a one-speed level. You can easily clean this product- first unplug the device, then open the frame and clean the blades. Make sure that no water drips on the motor housing.
- High-end metal is the featured material
- The product comes with a USB cable.
- The unit of the fan is light, so you can mover it around.
- Vibrations can get quite strong.
7. Honeywell HT-908 Turbo Force Air Circulator
The Honeywell Turbofan is suitable to be placed on a table as well as on the floor. As its name suggests, the fan is powerful, and it can easily cool small and medium rooms. The device features three levels of speed and a head that can pivot in 90 degrees. The fan offers maximum air movement thanks to its aerodynamic design. There is an energy-saving option.
The blades of the device are 18 inches in diameter. The width of the fan is 20 inches. If you want to change the direction of the airflow, you can do it manually by moving the head of the unit up or down. The manufacturers promise that this device is very quiet when working. If you want to use the fan outside, you can do this only when the weather is good. However, keep in mind that it is intended to be used indoors.
- The device runs very quietly even at high speed.
- Compact and light – the unit is easy to carry
- It has powerful to air circulation.
- The design of the unit makes it suit every room.
- You may find the power cord to be too short
- The on and off switch doesn’t seem to be working properly after some time of being used.
8. Yihunion Mini Desk Fan
The sleek design and the variety of charging ways are just two of the things that make the Yihunion Mini Desk Fan one of the top products on the market. This fan is small in size, and it can fit any room at home, any office, and even any car that has a USB connection. Moreover, the device operates quietly so that it won’t bother you or your colleagues. You can choose from a low or high level of speed. This is done by repeatedly pressing the on-and-off button.
This cooling tool has several USB interfaces, which means that it can be connected to laptops, power banks, and computers. Even though the blades of the device are plastic, they are protected by a rust-free metal frame. The cord of the fan is 4 feet long. Another advantage of this product is that you can adjust the direction of the airflow of the fan manually. Keep in mind that the fan can work only when being plugged in.
- This fan is light so you can carry it with you.
- The product has a smooth design.
- The tool is adjustable, which means that you can turn the airflow into the desired direction.
- It is a USB-powered device.
- An inconvenience is that the fan has to be plugged into work. Doesn’t work with batteries
What is the Quietest Desk Fan?
The first thing that everyone expects from a fan is to be powerful enough to produce the necessary air circulation. However, the most powerful cooling devices are typically the noisiest ones. In most cases, they are even louder than an air conditioner. You cannot focus when being around them, so it is impossible to leave them on while you are sleeping. Also, using these fans in an office is not a good idea because they will disturb the working process of your colleagues.
Having said this, you can imagine what the second most important feature of a top fan would be. If you think it is how quiet the device is, you are right. Below we will give you some pieces of advice on how to find the most silent desk fan:
- The most silent desk fan is the one that operates quietly, even when on high speed. There are various products on the market that are advertised as quiet. However, this is true for them only when they function in low mode. So when you decide on your fan, make sure it doesn’t produce irritating sounds when you switch it to high speed. The safest way to ensure this is the case is to try the device in the store before buying it.
- Another thing you should take into account is the fact that this fan should be quieter than an air conditioner. Most of the desk fans are small in size, which means that you can use them only as an addition to an air conditioner. Can you imagine how unpleasant you would feel if both cooling devices were noisy?
- If you want your fan to be quiet, you should make sure that you can’t hear its motor. At the same time, it needs to be powerful enough so that you are satisfied with the cool breeze it produces.
- It is advisable to take a device that doesn’t have a frame. The case with the fans which have frames is that the blades sometimes touch the frame, and this causes very unpleasant sounds.
- The material of the blades is also relevant when we talk quite wisely. The most suitable material for quiet fans is nylon fabric. The blades made of this material are soft. This fact means that if you touch them, you won’t hurt yourself. Moreover, the soft blades don’t produce any sounds when being in motion.
- You have probably heard the annoying vibration of some fans. If you want to avoid this, you need to take a fan that has a very sturdy and heavy base. It would be great if there are rubber feet which to ensure that the fan won’t move around or vibrate.
Now you know which the top characteristics of the quietest fan are. Keep in mind that the heavier the fan is the most sturdy it is, and the less vibration it will produce. However, heavy fans are not easy to move around. If you want to have a fan that you can carry with you whenever you go, we would advise you to read our reviews on portable fans. There is a variety of these easy-to-move-around options. Read our buying guides and choose the one that you like the most.
What is the Top Small Fan?
When we talk about fans, there is a myth that everyone has heard – the bigger the fan, the better. However, small fans can also be very efficient options. Below we will show you the characteristics of the top small fan:
- The top small fan would be one that doesn’t take a lot of space. Most people take such a device so that they can use us it as a desktop fan. So the sizes of this item should be minimal to fit on the desk next to your laptop and all the other things that you can need there.
- Little fans should also be easy to carry and move around. However, we have mentioned in the previous section that lightweight units are not a recommended option because the lighter the object is, the stronger it vibrates. So it is better to take a fan that is medium weight. Make sure that this cooling device has a handle so that you can move it around easily.
- Small fans should also be powerful enough to provide the necessary amount of cool breeze.
- Some people say that it is better to get a fan without a frame. These types of fans tend to be quieter and to produce higher amounts of airflow.
- Another thing to look for is how many levels of speed the fan features. The ones with two or more than two-speed settings are better.
- Make sure that the head of the fan can be tilted in whichever direction you want.
- Also, if you want your small fan to provide the necessary breeze, check if it features 360-degree rotation. Thus, you will ensure that the maximum air circulation is achieved.
Some small fans can be used all year round because they provide both cooling and heating the air. If you need a fan only for the summer, visit our box fan reviews. In the article, you will read our honest opinion on the finest cooling devices.
How Long Do Desk Fans Last?
The life expectancy of a fan depends on several factors. Read this section of the article to understand which these factors are:
The quality of the product
There is no doubt that the better the quality of the fan is, the longer it will last. You may wonder how you will know if a particular device is of good quality or not. Well, that’s why we have prepared the reviews of the top products that you can read in this buying guide. We can assure you that they are worth it.
The price of the product
Sometimes there is a relation between the quality of the device and its cost. Typically, more expensive products are of better quality, and thus they may be expected to last for a longer time than similar items. In the ideal case, you will be able to find a fan that is of average price and still of good quality. Then you shouldn’t worry about its lifespan.
The maintenance of the fan
Of course, the life expectancy of the fan also depends on how well you take care of it. You should follow the instructions of the manufacturer on how to clean and maintain the product. In some of the cases, you may need to remove the frame of the unit so that you can clean the blades.
However, in other cases, it is not advisable to do so because this will make the warranty of the product invalid. Whenever you notice any issue with the fan, you should call the service desk of the manufacturer if the warranty is still valid. Otherwise, you should call an expert to come and fix it.
How long you keep the fan operating
Some people leave the fan on all day and night. In that case, you cannot expect the device to last for long. You should give it some break – leave it on for some hours, then turn it off. Also, it is not advisable to leave the device on at night for safety reasons.
How do you charge the fan?
Some of the products that we presented in our reviews are rechargeable, which can be done via a USB cable. However, you shouldn’t leave the fan on while it is being charged. If you do this, the fan will charge for a longer time, and this will also affect the lifespan of the device.
Now you know how to ensure the long life of your desk fan. Some units require special attention depending on the room they are installed in. For instance, if you have a bathroom fan, you will have to fight mold and mildew to protect your unit. Follow our guidelines on getting and maintaining a bathroom exhaust fan in the article that we’ve prepared.
How to Take Care of a Desk Fan
If you want to enjoy the cool breeze at home or in the office for a longer time, you need to know how to take care of a desk fan. Here are some basic steps that you are advised to follow to prolong the lifespan of your cooling device:
- Oil the different parts of the fan. Every time when you take out your fan to use it for the season, check if it needs any maintenance. If any parts don’t work properly, read the manual to see how you can fix them, or ask a professional to help you. The last thing that you can do is to oil the parts of the fan, such as the blades, gears, and bearings. Thus your cooling piece of the appliance will work properly all season long.
- Clean your fan regularly. Most of the desk fans are used during the summer. This is the season that we associate with a lot of dust. So it is of crucial importance to clean the fan regularly. You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from the frame of the unit. Some of the desk fans allow for the opening of the frame so that you can clean the blades. If this is not the case with your device, you can use a cloth and try to reach the blades through the grill of the frame.
- Change any parts that don’t work properly. If you notice that some of the parts are loose or don’t function as expected, try to replace them as soon as possible. The sooner you do this, the better. If you use the fan with loose or damaged parts, you risk damaging the whole unit.
- Choose the storage place for the fan wisely. When you don’t use the fan, make sure that you keep it in such a place that the unit won’t get damaged or too dusty.
Working during the hot summer days can be an unpleasant experience. Of course, air conditioners can help in this situation. But if you want to feel some cool breeze directly onto you, you should consider finding the best desk fan.
We hope that our buying guide helped you to understand what the benefits of a desk fan are, why you need one and also how to take good care of it. In our reviews on desk fans, you read our honest opinion of the top products available on the market, and you learned about the pros and cons of each one of them. We also encourage you to visit our homepage where you can read about other kinds of fans such as cooling and bathroom fans. You can enjoy one of your coolest summers just by clicking on our website and checking on our buying guides. Thanks for reading, and as always – stay put!